Sunday 13 February 2011

Culture? introducing Valerie Chiang..

..On this sunny sunday I have the great pleasure of introducing the talented Valerie Chiang. Valerie is one of the young talents I really am looking forward to follow. Valerie has a great sense of minimalism, and the lighting is always great. So I wish you all to have a happy sunday..
..Here it is, your daily shot of art with Valerie Chiang:

..birds..

...delirious dream..

..expanse...

..Katya reading the news..

..the puppeteer..

My name is Valerie Chiang, and I am eighteen years old. I am from North Carolina, USA.
1. I started photography after I browsed through people's photographs on Flickr. I wanted to try it out for myself.

2. I am a student in college right now (I study piano performance), and I do not take photographs when I am in school. However, I do use a lot of my free time to think up plans for photoshoots!

3. I am completely self-taught! I figured out all the settings on my camera, and if I was unsure about any editing technique, I would use Google to find what I was looking for. Often I look at a photo and I think of ways I can emulate its style/lighting, etc...

4. I can find inspiration everywhere. Nature inspires me greatly, as do the people I interact with on a daily basis. A lot of inspiration also comes from children's picture books, other forms of art, and movies.

5. I don't think I can choose one artist, but I have many favourites! They include Edward Hopper, Rene Magritte, Chris van Allsburg, Wendy Bevan, and Cecil Beaton. I love all of them because they each have a unique way of telling stories through their art that I can relate to.

6. I have a website (http://valeriechiang.net), a flickr (www.flickr.com/mediopollito), a blog (valeriechiang.blogspot.com), and a tumblr where I mostly post images that inspire me (valeriechiang.tumblr.com).

culture? Valerie Chiang!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Culture? appreciate you`re toughts.